Each year, Niche, a prominent ranking and review site, announces its rankings for the best school districts in America. Several states across the country boast some of the most impressive school districts as they appear a handful of times throughout Niche’s latest 2024 rankings, including one state that is home to the top three school districts in the nation.
School districts are graded on a variety of different factors, including:
- Clubs and activities
- Resources and facilities
- College prep
The top district earned an A+ in every single category except diversity, for which earned a B+, and is followed closely by two more from the same state: Illinois.
More from DA: Report: Where do your state’s SAT scores rank?
The rankings list is extensive, here are the top 15:
Niche’s top 15 school districts in the nation
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School District No. 125 – Lincolnshire, IL
- Glenbrook High School District 225 – Glenview, IL
- Evanston Township High School District No. 202 – Evanston, IL
- Eanes Independent School District – Austin, TX
- Township High School District – Highland Park, IL
- Jericho Union Free School District – Jericho, NY
- South Texas Independent School District – Mercedes, TX
- Ladue School District – St. Louis, MO
- Roslyn Union Free School District – Roslyn, NY
- Radnor Township School District – Wayne, PA
- Great Neck Public Schools – Great Neck, NY
- West Lafayette Community School Corporation – West Lafayette, IN
- Scarsdale Union Free School District – Scarsdale, NY
- Half Hollow Hills Central School District – Dix Hills, NY
- Hinsdale Township High School District No. 86 – Hinsdale, IL
What former students have to say
The student voice is one of the best reflections of the quality of a school district. Niche allows users, including former students, to review each school district. Here’s what makes some of these districts so special, according to their graduates.
“I can confidently say that the school offers a strong academic curriculum and dedicated teachers, providing an enriching educational experience,” said an Adlai E. Stevenson High School District No. 125 graduate. “However, the high levels of competition and pressure among students can lead to stress and anxiety.”
“Honestly couldn’t have asked for a better school to go to,” an Eanes Independent School District graduate said. “Culture and tradition can’t be matched, sports programs are among the best in the nation, and every teacher I’ve had cared about the students’ success in and out of school.”
“Let me just say that everything is amazing in these schools,” read a Great Neck Public Schools review. “I loved all of my teachers over the years, as they have really prepared me for my next step in life.”