New resource helps districts follow MTSS principles when meeting students’ behavioral needs
LRP Media Group, a recognized leader in the special education publishing industry, has released Integrating and Enhancing Social and Behavioral Learning Using a Multi-Tiered System of Supports. This new resource reviews the basics concepts behind MTSS and helps shed light on how districts can apply those concepts to meeting their students’ social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs. In addition to explaining the legal backbone and requirements under the IDEA and Every Students Succeeds Act with regard to MTSS, this evidence-based resource provides readers with a concrete, reasonable approach to addressing student social behavior under the MTSS framework.
Additionally, the book uses data from some of the latest research on MTSS for behavior to provide best practice guidance on:
- Adapting a district’s current MTSS framework to focus on students’ emotional and social needs;
- Selecting the evidence-based system that works best for the district;
- Creating safe and supportive learning environments free of bullying, harassment, and discrimination;
- Identifying which intervention strategies work and which do not; and
- Using data to guide how a district provides and adapts intervention strategies.
Integrating and Enhancing Social and Behavioral Learning Using a Multi-Tiered System of Supports is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.
For high-quality training and development for special education professionals, attend LRP’s National Institute®.