District enterprise solution enhances records management
Parchment, the industry leader in academic credentials management, has announced a new K-12 district enterprise solution that centralizes and streamlines records management district-wide. The comprehensive, digital record management platform will help lower costs, generate incremental revenue, and provide a better experience for all school district stakeholders.
Today, the management of records is manual, paper-intensive and fragmented across high schools and districts. High school counseling teams fulfill transcript requests for college admissions, while at the district level, staff support transcripts, degree verifications and other record types for alumni. Until now, districts lacked a platform that was capable of unifying these experiences for both administrators, students and third parties.
This all-in-one solution benefits:
- High schools and students by delivering print or electronic transcripts with mobile tracking into Parchment’s network of more than 85% of U.S. admissions offices, resulting in faster and more secure admissions processes.
- District records teams, alumni and third parties by offering online request processing for any record type, including print or digital fulfillment, and a way to efficiently collect fees.
- District leadership by modernizing with a secure, easy-to-use system for school-based counselors and central staff, providing data-driven insights into the admissions and employment ecosystem served.
- Learners by providing a consistent, streamlined and smart ordering experience that allows lifelong access to their academic records and achievements.
- Key platform features include smart order routing determined by the district so students can order at the school or district storefront, and automatic records transfer to the district when the student becomes an alumnus. The solution also offers the ability to digitize legacy paper records, which enables the platform to comprehensively send official electronic records fast and secure to any destination worldwide.
“Based on more than 15 years of experience serving the largest network of high schools and their university destinations, we consistently heard the need for digital records management at the district level,” explained Parchment CEO Matthew Pittinsky. “By integrating counselor-based and district-based records management together, school districts can now support the enrollment and employment pathways of their current students, alumni and third-parties with a comprehensive, secure and modern experience.”
Parchment is the most widely adopted digital credential service, allowing learners, academic institutions, and employers to request, verify, and share credentials in simple and secure ways. The platform has helped millions of people and thousands of schools and universities exchange more than 11 million transcripts and other credentials annually. Founded in 2003, Parchment Inc. is headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, with offices in Roseville, CA, Denver, CO and Grand Rapids, MI. Follow Parchment on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.