Date & Time: Wednesday, October 04 at 2 pm ET
Having a tailored strategy to meet the needs of special population students through virtual learning is essential to creating inclusive and equitable virtual learning environments where all learners can thrive.
Attend this 20-minute DA Ed Talk to learn practical strategies for how to support and meet the needs of students with IEP/504 plans and ELL students in a virtual setting.
Topics will include:
- How to provide individualized support that enhances learning experiences and outcomes
- Ways to build equity and help bridge the gap in educational access and opportunity
- How to improve engagement by making learning relevant and meaningful for special populations
- How to promote academic and personal growth by targeting areas where students are struggling
- Keys to effective collaboration and communication between educators, parents, specialists, and support staff
Heather Fisher, Ed.D., Principal, Germantown Online Academy of Learning (GOAL), Germantown Municipal School District (Tenn.)
Jayson Pope, Ed.D., Assistant to the Superintendent for Federal Programs and Community Engagement, Delaware Valley School District (Penn.)
Sharon Jaso, Ed.D., Manager of District Partnerships Customer Experience/Special Populations Consultant, Pearson Virtual Schools