Updated EDGAR-Plus provides additional guidance on grants and agreements
LRP Media Group has released an update to its EDGAR-Plus: Education Department General Administrative Regulations — Fourth Edition.
This latest version includes new U.S. Education Department guidance gleaned from state and local administrator inquiries regarding the consolidation of Education Department General Administrative Regulations and Uniform Grants Guidance (2 CFR 200) standards. Such guidance includes:
- The June 2018 OMB Memorandum Re: Implementing Statutory Changes to the Micro-Purchase and Simplified Acquisition Thresholds for Financial Assistance — the federal micro-purchase threshold increased from $3,500 to $10,000 while the federal simplified acquisition threshold increased from $150,000 to $250,000, which effects programs such as under the Food and Nutrition Services child nutrition programs.
- The July 2017 FAQs on OMB’S Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principle, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200).
- 2 CFR 200 Q&A guidance in December 2016.
- Cash Management Policies for Grants and Cooperative Agreements and Cash Management FAQs in July 2016.
Know how to correctly spend your federal grant money and limit your risk for audit findings. This one resource gives you access to the regulations and Education Department documents needed to administer grant programs. And it’s all current with recent FAQ and Q&A guidance from ED and the Council on Financial Assistance Reform — clarifying EDGAR and UGG rules and providing instruction on how to fully comply.
Along with new clarifications on the responsibilities in cash management, you get the latest documents and guidance to:
- Use funds to host meetings or conferences, including food expenses.
- Conduct risk assessments on local educational agencies.
- Monitor and audit grant programs.
- Negotiate indirect costs.
- Document personnel costs.
EDGAR-Plus: Education Department General Administrative Regulations — Fourth Edition is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.
For high-quality training and development for special education professionals, attend LRP’s National Institute®.