Sector-wide response convened to support educators
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), an education nonprofit that works with the education community to accelerate the use of technology to solve tough problems and inspire innovation, announced the launch of COVID-19 Education Coalition – a diverse group of education organizations focused on curating, creating and delivering high-quality tools and support for educators as they keep the learning going during extended school closures caused by the global pandemic.
“In this time of uncertainty and rapid change, school system leaders and educators are being inundated with information. This is an effort to cut through the noise, and provide a coordinated response to the urgent need for accurate information, responsive professional learning and contextualized resources,” said Richard Culatta, CEO of ISTE. “We’re coming together with over 50 of education’s trusted associations and nonprofit organizations to help ensure educators have what they need to support students and families.”
ISTE and coalition members have launched LearningKeepsGoing.org, a free, online portal with resources for educators and a help desk with experts from across the country to provide real-time support to educators. LearningKeepsGoing.org will also list weekly webinars, offering educators and administrators direct access to national experts. In the upcoming months, the coalition will continue to produce high-quality and responsive resources for the field to meet urgent needs as they evolve over time.
Current Coalition Members:
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Arizona Technology in Education Association
- Association of Teacher Educators
- Butler County Educational Service Center
- Council for Chief State School Officers
- Center for Black Educator Development
- Chiefs for Change
- CoSN – Consortium for School Networking
- Common Sense Media
- Digital Promise
- Edcamp Foundation
- Education Commission of the States
- Grantmakers for Education
- Illinois Digital Educators Alliance
- Jefferson Education Exchange
- National Education Association
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council of Teachers of English
- New Hampshire Society for Technology in Education
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Save the Children US
- Small Business Innovation Research Program
- TILO – Technology Integration Leaders of Ohio
- Turnaround For Children
- UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education
- UN Refugee Agency
- Virginia Society for Technology in Education
- Wisconsin Educational Media & Technology Association
For more information, contact Jaqueline Cortez Wang, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is a nonprofit organization that works with the global education community to accelerate the use of technology to solve tough problems and inspire innovation. Our worldwide network believes in the potential technology holds to transform teaching and learning.
ISTE sets a bold vision for education transformation through the ISTE Standards, a framework for students, educators, administrators, coaches and computer science educators to rethink education and create innovative learning environments. ISTE hosts the annual ISTE Conference & Expo, one of the world’s most influential edtech events. The organization’s professional learning offerings include online courses, professional networks, year-round academies, peer-reviewed journals and other publications. ISTE is also the leading publisher of books focused on technology in education. For more information or to become an ISTE member, visit iste.org.