LRP Media Group, a recognized leader in the special education publishing industry, has released The Administrator’s Guide to Building and Maintaining a Comprehensive Autism Program — Second Edition. This comprehensive, nearly 300-page pamphlet by Mary Schillinger, M.A., M.S., Jan Tomsky, Esq., and Brandie Rosen, M.Ed., is your one-stop guide to building a reliable system for determining and delivering appropriate services for students with autism — and ultimately avoiding disputes with parents.
Every component is detailed and complemented by recent research-based practices for implementation — guiding you through creating a high-quality and legally compliant program.
Know what to do at every step and how to do it, with up-to-date guidance, including more than 40 forms, charts, checklists, and other practical tools all reflecting recent case law and compliance mandates.
This resource also provides districts:
- Steps to develop IEP goals that meet the Endrew F. “appropriately rigorous” standard and access to the rigor of Core State Standards.
- Data collection forms and methods relating to progress on IEP goals.
- Best practices for planning and supporting transitions for students and families.
- Guidelines for technology selection and use.
- Evidence-based methodology and assessment techniques for behavior intervention and monitoring.
- A sample five-year strategic plan.
“Public school districts across the nation often face challenges in dealing with the education methodology and management of programs for students with autism, as they strive to provide comprehensive programs that result in positive outcomes for students,” said author Mary Schillinger. “This book aims to help districts overcome those challenges. With comprehensive programs come student progress, which results in parent satisfaction, which results in less litigation and its associated costs.”
The Administrator’s Guide to Building and Maintaining a Comprehensive Autism Program — Second Edition is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.