Publishing customized math program
McGraw-Hill Education and curriculum provider Illustrative Mathematics (IM) announced a new agreement that will help IM quickly expand its reach into schools across the country and inspire more children to understand and enjoy math.
Through the agreement, McGraw-Hill will offer an exclusive IM Certified customized version of Illustrative Mathematics’ highly-rated curriculum on McGraw-Hill’s digital learning platform, adding interactive tutorials, assessment tools, a customized version of IM Certified™ professional learning for teachers and print materials to make the curriculum easier to use and more powerful for students.
“Every student deserves access to a high-quality, standards-based curriculum, and IM’s mission is to make its mathematics curriculum as widely available as possible,” said Lisa O’Masta, CEO of Illustrative Mathematics. “By leveraging the expertise and capabilities of McGraw-Hill’s interactive technology and other print and digital tools, districts will have access to an enhanced user experience with the thoughtfully designed curriculum authored by IM. It’s exciting to see such an established, reputable organization as McGraw-Hill embrace the power of the IM resources to provide greater access to teachers and students across the US and give back to the ongoing enhancements of the materials.”
IM Math is a problem-based core curriculum designed to address content and practice standards to foster learning for all. Students learn by doing math, solving problems in mathematical and real-world contexts, and constructing arguments using precise language. Teachers can shift their instruction and facilitate student learning with high-leverage routines to guide learners to understand and make connections between concepts and procedures.
The McGraw-Hill release of Illustrative Mathematics will:
- Make it easier for educators to plan, teach and assess with Illustrative Mathematics.
- Provide a digital learning experience that helps convey concepts through interactive tutorials and offers instant feedback for students and auto-scored practice and assessments for teachers.
- Provide cost-effective print materials for districts finding the cost to photocopy IM’s open educational resource (OER) curriculum too prohibitive.
- Provide IM Certified professional learning services created by Illustrative Mathematics’ expert author team and tailored to the customized offering to support a district’s successful ongoing implementation plan.
- Offer customers McGraw-Hill’s reliable service and support.
“McGraw-Hill has a long history of offering high-quality innovative curricula developed in partnership with renowned experts in their fields – programs we think will help students succeed and unlock their full potential,” said Marty Lange, Chief Product Officer for McGraw-Hill’s School group. “We’re thrilled to join with Illustrative Mathematics to bring this special program to our customers.”
The release of the Illustrative Mathematics program adds a unique new offering to McGraw-Hill’s suite of learning science-based and trusted math curricula that includes Reveal Math, Everyday Mathematics, McGraw-Hill ALEKS, Redbird Math and more.