zSpace Features World’s First AR/VR Laptop for Career and Technical Education at ACTE 2018
SAN ANTONIO – November 29, 2018 – Today at the ACTE Career Vision 2018, Silicon Valley company, zSpace Inc., featured the world’s first augmented reality (AR)/virtual reality (VR) laptop for Career and Technical Education (CTE) coursework. With zSpace, the learning environment comes to life allowing students to manipulate virtual simulations from the screen and learn key CTE content ranging from automotive brake systems to welding to canine anatomy.
Unlike other virtual reality solutions, such as head-mounted displays, that can be isolating, zSpace empowers students to “learn by doing” in a virtual environment where students can work together to change variables, make and correct mistakes, and not worry about material costs or clean up. Launched for education just five years ago, students at more than 1000 school districts, technical centers, medical schools and universities across the country learn with zSpace everyday.
In addition to a fully functional Windows 10 laptop, students can also use the mobile zSpace solution to explore the internet, complete classwork assignments, take online assessments and industry certification exams or any other activities that they would use a computer for at school. Coupled with zSpace’s proven career and technical education applications, the laptop provides students with a real-world learning environment and a personalized learning experience. Applications include:
- Virtual Veterinary Trainer by GTAFE – a powerful teaching tool offering veterinary students practical training of the canine integumentary, skeletal, muscular, digestive, respiratory, urinary, circulatory, lymphatic, endocrine, and nervous systems.
- VR Automotive Mechanic by GTAFE – practice assembly and disassembly within a virtual mechanic shop where safety is guaranteed and practice can be repeated.
- VR Automotive Expert by GTAFE – a 3D interactive preparation guide for automotive training. Detailed text and simulations allow students to engage with the content to deepen understanding.
- Wave NG by Mimbus – hands-on training in welding gestures, MAG and MMA, through a series of foundation exercises performed with a handheld welding simulator.
- VIVED Science – a comprehensive package of detailed interactive dissection experiences focused on learning and exploring car and plane engines, veterinary science, plant science, and more!
- Human Anatomy Atlas – an award-winning human anatomy general reference. Students can explore human body systems and over 4,600 anatomical structures.
- VIVED Anatomy – a high-quality interactive software for learning anatomy in 3D. It enables users to view the human body and perceive spatial relationships like never before.
“Students in our CTE program require a hands-on approach to learning. By deploying zSpace laptops at Pasco High School, we’re providing hundreds of students access to technology that not only makes textbooks come alive, but also immerses them into a lifelike virtual environment for hands-on learning of industry-specific skills that will help them excel in their careers,” said Michael Macchiarola, program coordinator of Career and Technical Education at Pasco County Schools in Land O’ Lakes, Florida.
zSpace will be demonstrating the laptop at ACTE in San Antonio, November 28 – 30, in Booth 1221.
zSpace® powers the global delivery of spatial content. A privately held, venture-backed company located in Sunnyvale, California, it has more than 40 patents. zSpace has already disrupted the education market – more than a million students have benefited from learning with zSpace. Its technology also has applications in healthcare, entertainment, shopping, social media, gaming and more. zSpace was named “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, Inc., “Best in Show at ISTE” by Tech & Learning Magazine for three consecutive years and ranked two years in a row on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies. Visit www.zspace.com, or follow @zSpace on Twitter.