Gaggle Webinar Alert Digital Safety and the Impact on Student Mental Health
WHAT: No-cost webinar for K-12 educators featuring K-12 education experts:
- Matthew Joseph, the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment at Leicester Public Schools (moderator)
- Dennis Griffin Jr., Principal at Brown Deer Elementary
- Adam Phyall III, Director of Technology and Media Services at Newton County Schools
- Christine Ravesi-Weinstein, Assistant Principal at Milford High School
- Andrew Wallace, Director of Technology at South Portland Schools
WHEN: Tuesday, August 11 at 1:00 PM EDT
Bloomington, Ill. – July 30, 2020 – As districts prepare for the 2020–21 school year, educators are considering different options for delivering instruction: resuming in-person learning, continuing with distance learning, or adopting a hybrid model. What’s absolutely certain is that all educators need to consider whether or not their students are truly safe in the digital environment.
On Tuesday, August 11 at 1:00 PM EDT, a panel of K-12 education leaders will present a free informative webinar on “Digital Safety and the Impact on Student Mental Health.” The webinar—hosted by Gaggle—will feature a panel discussion on digital safety and its impact on student mental health.
During the webinar, the panelists will dive into the impacts of cyberbullying and other threats across various digital channels, including school-issued chat platforms and social media. They’ll discuss their experience in these areas, touch on how districts can help ensure student safety and well-being in an era of increased distance learning, and explore the importance of student mental health.
There is no cost to join the webinar, but registration is required. For more information, visit: https://news.gaggle.net/digital-safety-and-mental-health-webinar.
# # #