New Nearpod integration with Google Slides
Nearpod, the comprehensive Student Engagement Platform for K-12 teachers, is launching its integration with Google Slides, making it easy for teachers to add interactivity and collaborate with peers. In addition, the company is releasing a suite of new interactive and culturally-relevant content and teaching tools to streamline resources during the busy back-to-school season while giving students countless new ways to learn this Fall. Across Nearpod’s Lesson Library, supplemental curricula and Flocabulary’s catalog, teachers now have access to more than 9,000 standards-aligned lessons.
Understanding that the beginning of the school year sets the tone and pace for the rest of the year, Nearpod and its recently acquired Flocabulary aim to jumpstart the back-to-school season for it’s combined seven million students reached.
By integrating with Google Slides, Nearpod now offers one of the deepest integrations with Google of student engagement platforms and interactivity tools. This launch brings together the ease of use and delivery methods teachers prefer with the engaging experience they crave for their students.
This integration allows for the easy incorporation of beloved Nearpod features, such as virtual field trips, polls, drawing and collaboration tools, directly into Google Slides. This follows on other valuable Google integrations from Nearpod, such as single sign-on using a Google account, the ability to embed YouTube videos and images found using Google Safe Search directly into Nearpod, as well as its integration with Google Classroom.
To see how the Nearpod add-on for Google Slides works, check out this video.
“We understand the demands of the back-to-school season and aim to make it as seamless for teachers as possible and make in-class engagement and assessment exciting and fun,” shared Jennie Kristofferson, Chief Academic Officer of Nearpod. “Our Back-to-School release not only broadens our content library and resources to excite students but also adds valuable functionality for our teachers with Google Slides, and we’re excited to see how it supports teachers in starting the year off on the right foot.”
Beyond the much-anticipated integration with Google Slides, Nearpod and Flocabulary are adding a myriad of content and features to kick off the new year.
Over 1,000 New Nearpod and Flocabulary Lessons to Spark Engagement While Supporting District and State Initiatives
- 100 new ready-to-run Time to Climb game-based activities to encourage friendly competition and engagement in the classroom while assessing student understanding
- Over 500 new Nearpod lessons in Supplemental Curricula across College & Career Exploration, Social and Emotional Learning, English Learners and Historical Perspectives
- More than 100 new Nearpod lessons featuring Flocabulary’s educational hip hop videos with plans for hundreds more throughout the school year for schools and districts licensed for both platforms
- The ability to harmoniously add Flocabulary videos into any Nearpod lesson for a richer learning experience, available for educators licensed for both platforms
- 15 new Flocabulary lessons spanning core subject areas and historical figures, including Marie Curie, Jim Crow, Tropical Rainforests, Symbolism, Dividing Decimals and more
- 65 new keyboarding lessons in our Digital Citizenship and Literacy program help students build necessary typing skills and are built in partnership with Typesy to meet state and district digital literacy standards and initiatives
- 500 new Matching Pairs skill-based practice lessons to strengthen understanding of ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies topics that are fun but challenging, allowing visual learners to check for understanding with instant feedback
Enhanced Functionality for Teacher Productivity and Effectiveness
- App Navigation and Lesson Library redesign improves the user experience for content searches and provides visibility on filters that will make it even easier to navigate the library to find relevant content
- Timer for Draw It adds the ability to time in-lesson DrawIts, a highly requested feature from Nearpod users
- Individual assignments in Flocabulary make it simple to deliver lessons to cater to individual student’s needs
This follows on the heels of the company’s Time to Climb launch, a new game-based activity that allows students to compete across various subjects through interactive visualizations to assess comprehension and increase engagement in the classroom.
Nearpod, named EdTech Digest’s Company of the Year in 2018, is the most comprehensive Student Engagement Platform for K-12 teachers. Nearpod works with any classroom technology from tablets and smartphones to laptops and Chromebooks to help engage students with activities such as Virtual Reality, PhET and Desmos, and with more than 7,000 ready-to-run lessons created in partnership with leading brands like Common Sense Education and the Pulitzer Center. Nearpod recently acquired Flocabulary, a learning platform that helps students thrive by bringing the K-12 curriculum to life through hip-hop. Beyond classroom instruction, the company revitalizes teacher development through Teacher Professional Learning content that cultivates classroom-changing strategies for educators. To learn more, visit: nearpod.com.