New edition Staff Training Tips binder provides current, compliant strategies to educate students in the least restrictive environment
Special and general educators and other school site personnel must be up to date on strategies to educate students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment that are current and compliant with today’s laws. The inappropriate placement of students with disabilities can quickly amount to a costly misstep for districts. To answer administrators’ need for a framework to provide quality professional development on educating students with disabilities in the LRE, LRP Media Group, a recognized leader in the special education publishing industry, has released Staff Training Tips — Focusing on LRE and Inclusion — Second Edition.
Administrators can use the ready-made training topics in this 109-page binder to avoid inappropriate placement and denial of FAPE by training educators in 10 topics, including:
- Bringing a universal design for learning perspective to lesson planning.
- Considering assistive technology along a continuum, just like the LRE.
- Recognizing when a pattern of removals amounts to a change in placement.
- Getting co-teachers on the same page for planning.
Each topic area includes an Activity Guide to help develop a training plan on how to apply legally sound instructional strategies, plus Practical Strategies for Staff Training to supplement the activity or to use separately for on-the-spot training.
Staff Training Tips — Focusing on LRE and Inclusion — Second Edition provides all new resources and strategies. Among the new topics, users will learn:
- The difference between accommodation and accessibility.
- 5 strategies that make inclusion work.
- How to determine services and accommodations for students with orthopedic impairments.
- 7 ways to help college-bound students with LDs develop self-advocacy skills.
- How to avoid missteps when parents provide transportation.
This resource is a must-have for the busy administrator looking for professional development tools they can use right away to comply with the IDEA’s LRE mandate.
Staff Training Tips — Focusing on LRE and Inclusion — Second Edition is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.
For high-quality training and development for special education professionals, attend LRP’s National Institute®.