New edition of Let’s Talk Title I navigates the most current federal requirements
Whether you’re a Title I newcomer or seasoned veteran, Let’s Talk Title I: Everything You Need to Know and Do as an Administrator — Third Edition is your trusty companion to navigate the law’s intricacies and quirky obstacles.
Working and writing about Title I and other federal education programs for more than 25 years, Cheryl Sattler has seen it all. The Title I expert gives you an insider’s view, turning her years of experience into straightforward explanations and “here’s how you do it” instructions.
Now that the Every Student Succeeds Act is no longer “new,” this Third Edition gets you current on developments in federal guidance, audits, and monitoring — giving you a comfort level in applying what the U.S. Education Department is requiring and providing direct citations to the statute, regulations, and federal guidance.
For example, did you know that the statute doesn’t specify what can, and cannot, be purchased with federal funds but places a specific restriction on construction? Let’s Talk Title I: Everything You Need to Know and Do as an Administrator — Third Edition shows you exactly where to find this specific restriction.
From choosing the right program for your school to engaging parents, you’ll find out everything you need to know and do, including:
- What a Title I neutral allocation methodology is.
- What ED is criticizing states about.
- The role of timely and meaningful consultation in providing equitable services.
- Why you still need to know both supplement, not supplant methodologies.
- Organizing the Title I year and dividing up the budget.
- Figuring out the extra costs of transporting homeless and foster students.
- How the Trinity Lutheran case impacts who can provide services.
- And too much more to list!
Let’s Talk Title I: Everything You Need to Know and Do as an Administrator — Third Edition is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.
For high-quality training and development for special education professionals, attend LRP’s National Institute®.