New edition of ESSA: Moving Toward a Well-Rounded Title I includes ESSA requirements, CARES Act flexibilities
LRP Media Group, a recognized leader in the special education publishing industry, has published the second edition of ESSA: Moving Toward a Well-Rounded Title I, which includes up-to-date information about federal ESSA requirements. This new edition explains requirements and changes to the Title I, Part A program made by the U.S. Education Department through new regulations and updated guidance documents, lessons learned from ESSA, as well as all new information related to education-related provisions in the CARES Act.
“ESSA: Moving Toward a Well-Rounded Title I includes all the requirements and updates to the Title I, Part A program and summarizes the new CARES Act flexibilities,” said LRP Executive Director of Education Content Julie J. Kline, Esq. “This resource includes useful information that will help administrators implement their Title I program in compliance with new rules and requirements.”
The new edition includes information from the latest non-regulatory guidance from ED on ESSA topics, including:
- How the new supplement, not supplant methodology requirement applies to schools and districts.
- How to ensure local educational agencies have an allowable supplement, not supplant methodology and meet SNS with respect to district-level programs.
- How the equitable services set-aside must be calculated and the carryover requirements.
- How to ensure transferability requirements are met so that set-asides in each program are appropriately calculated.
- How the CARES Act affects the Title I, Part A program regarding allowable flexibilities and waivers of programmatic and fiscal requirements.
ESSA: Moving Toward a Well-Rounded Title I is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.