Maryland school security guards briefly hospitalized after drug exposure

Two security guards at a high school in Montgomery County, Maryland, were recently hospitalized after breathing in smoke from an unknown drug inside a school bathroom, officials say.

The guards were checking out an odor coming from a bathroom at Northwood High School in Silver Spring on Feb. 17, when they “experienced adverse reactions,” according to a letter school officials sent to parents about the incident.

Montgomery County police said the guards experienced “odor induced vomiting.”

Read more from NBC4 Washington.


Most Popular