Easy-to-use resource helps new educators get up to speed on special education rules
It’s back to school time and LRP Publications, a recognized leader in the special education publishing industry, announced that it has a released a teacher training guide that prepares new teachers to serve students with disabilities.
The book, Hit the Ground Running: Everyday Practice and Compliance Tips for the New Special Educator, is written in conversational language that everyone can understand. It also explains basic special education concepts and actions special and general education teachers need to do take comply with the IDEA and Section 504 so that they are up to speed on their obligations to students with disabilities from day one.
The guide covers:
- Attending IEP and 504 meetings.
- Drafting IEP goals, writing 504 plans.
- Providing accommodations.
- Communicating with challenging parents.
- Avoiding privacy law violations.
- Appendices, including numerous checklists, forms, and tools that walk educators through various day-to-day challenges.
Hit the Ground Running: Everyday Practice and Compliance Tips for the New Special Educator is available for purchase from LRP Publications’ online store.