Dictionary is now compatible with Mac systems
The Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary Fourth Edition – the essential dictionary for upper-intermediate to advanced learners of English – is now available to Mac users as an App. The dictionary contains over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings and examples as well as British and American English pronunciation. Every entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge.
The dictionary has been developed with insight from the Cambridge International Corpus, making it the ideal dictionary for IELTS, BEC and Cambridge English: First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation.
- British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers of English.
- SMART Thesaurus feature gives you related words and phrases at every definition.
- Favourites – to help you quickly access frequently searched words.
- Search History to revise your recent searches.
- Table of irregular verbs provides a useful reference resource.
Search and navigation features:
- Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including headwords and usage examples.
- Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
- English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
- Mojave 10.14 compatible.
- Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
- No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your macOS computer without paying for data.
The Dictionary is available for purchase for 1,09€ for one month, 5,49€ for six months, 9,99 EUR for one year, or a lifetime license for 14,99€ at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cambridge-english-dictionary/id1383246849?mt=12.
The iOS version of the same dictionary is available at https://itunes.apple.com/app/anglijskie-slovari-cambridge/id728359831?mt=8. The app has been developed by Paragon Technologie GmbH.
About Cambridge University Press
Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge. Dedicated to excellence, its purpose is to further the University’s objective of advancing knowledge, education, learning, and research. Its extensive peer-reviewed publishing lists comprise 50,000 titles covering academic research, professional development, over 300 research journals, school-level education, English language teaching and bible publishing. Playing a leading role in today’s international marketplace, Cambridge University Press has more than 50 offices around the globe, and it distributes its products to nearly every country in the world. For further information, visit www.cambridge.org.
About Paragon Software
Since 1994, Paragon Software has been delivering reliable software products and technology solutions to help everyday users, IT professionals, and businesses keep data healthy and safe. It offers file systems and storage management, deployment, and migration of heterogeneous appliances and systems, data protection, business continuity, and disaster recovery for hybrid environments. Its global business partners include AJA, Asus, QNAP, Western Digital, and many others.