Developing your Thought Leadership Ad
Greetings, and thank you for working with us on your Thought Leadership ad. This feature will run on a full page in our magazine. Our team stands ready to work with you to write, edit and design your Thought Leadership ad.
Thought Leadership ads are generally presented as essays (see essay example) or Q&A’s (see Q&A example). Some clients have used a “listicle” format (i.e., Five Things to Consider When Adopting New Technology.)
A Thought Leadership ad is composed of:
- Body copy: 525-550 words
- Headline: 8-12 words
- Subhead: 10-15 words
- Callout: 14-18 words
- Hi-resolution photo of the author
- Company logo
- URL for additional information
There are several ways of developing the copy for your Thought Leadership ad:
- You write it to the specifications listed above
- You send us a previously published document (usually a white paper or bylined article), and we edit it to the specifications above
- We write it from an interview with your thought leader
What do we need from you if we are writing the piece?
- A kickoff call to provide background and direction, and discuss deadlines.
- Any relevant documents or website pages that will help guide our work.
- Suggested interview topics or questions. (We can take a first pass at developing the questions based on your background material.)
- Full contact information and brief bio for the thought leader to be interviewed.
- A high resolution photo of the thought leader.
- A high-resolution logo of your company.
- A URL where you want readers to go for more information.
How does the writing, review and design process work?
- Once we conduct the kickoff call and obtain the contact info and background materials, our writer will reach out to the thought leader to arrange the interview. We send the questions in advance, so the interviews typically take only 30 minutes.
- We will provide you with a draft of the article, typically within 2-3 business days of conducting the interview. Generally this review process must be completed within 3-5 business days. Sometimes, however, we may require a shorter turn-around period for review depending on when the interview occurs relative to our production deadline. Subsequent opportunities for copy review will be very limited, so it is important that all stakeholders review the copy in this stage.
- Once approved by you, the copy will be considered final and will go into design.
- We will provide you with the final design comp for a final review. Typically, these design reviews must be completed within one business day.
- To distinguish this feature from our editorial content, it will be designated as “Sponsored Content” in small print at the top of the page.
The primary contact for Thought Leadership ads is Associate Editor Kylie Lacey. She can be reached at email@example.com or at 203-663-0113.